- Microsoft Data Centers – Getting Bigger and Bigger – Can you say 1.3 miles worth of server rooms? (Channel 10)
- Microsoft vs. TestDriven.NET, May 31 2007 – An update from Jamie on the situation. Secret Geek says that we shouldn’t blame Microsoft, rather we should just blame Jason Webber, the Microsoft PM who needs to brush up on his communication skills, while Chris and Johan both wonder why Microsoft are trying to mess around with their developer community in this fashion and Mike G. is more disillusioned than ever. Phil Haack (cleverly) analyzes the situation and points out that in enforcing their own EULA, Microsoft may very well have violated the TestDriven.NET license.
- The Best Code is No Code at All – Jeff Atwood exhorts us to minimize the amount of code we write wherever possible. (I would qualify this: we should minimize the code wherever possible, as long as it does not mess up readability and make code maintenance a nightmare.)
- A Look at Google Reader working with Google Gears – Step-by-step process from Search Engine Roundtable. (I haven’t had the best experience with it so far – it keeps telling me that I am offline when I am not).
- The Origin of LINQ to SQL – A history lesson (and lesson on internal Microsoft politics) from Matt Warren (found via Dare Obasanjo)
- Zooomr Update from Robert Scoble – Apparently Zoho has stepped up with data center space and Sun has stepped up with 42 TB of loaner servers. Thomas Hawk gives a situation update and explanation of the significance of the new Mark III Zooomr upgrade while a MS Evangelist offers a helping hand.
- A Lack of Enthusiasm in the Microsoft World – Rhockford Lhota tackles the issue
- What Does a Teacher Make? by Taylor Mali, found via think:lab
- Why I Don't Do Unpaid Overtime and Neither Should You February 28, 2012
- Keep Score on the Waitress's Service February 21, 2012
- The NoSql Movement February 20, 2012
- Chronic Palestinian Lying February 16, 2012
- Only Israel gets Goldstoned February 16, 2012
- Amazon Reviews: Passion Natural Water-Based Lubricant - 55 Gallon February 15, 2012
- How Zoho Recuirts (School/Grades Not so Important) February 15, 2012
- More Homework Please February 14, 2012
- Meetings: Where Work Goes to Die February 14, 2012